How Can We Help?
< All Topics

What are the visa requirements?

All students attending a study programme with a duration of six months or longer require a Study Permit to enter Canada. Students who join the CISS summer programmes (or any programme with a duration of six months or less) do not require a Study Permit.

Certain nationalities require a Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). Please refer to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website for a complete listing of countries that require a TVR, and complete details about travelling to Canada: www.cic.gc.ca.

Most visitors who do not require a TVR will still require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).  The application and payment process is done online.  Please check for more details about eTAs here.

Table of Contents