How Can We Help?
< All Topics

Do students need a visa to enter Canada or to attend high school?

Certain nationalities will require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Please refer to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website for a complete listing of countries that require a TRV, and complete details about travelling to Canada: www.cic.gc.ca.

Citizens of visa-exempt countries must also obtain an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before their departure to Canada. The cost for this is $7 CAD.

In addition, students attending a study program with a duration of six months or longer require a Study Permit to enter Canada. Provided the student satisfies the requirements of Immigration Canada, he/she will be granted a visa. Canada has no restriction on the number of Study Permits given to international students.  This visa can be extended for continued study past the first year.

**Students who come for a duration of six months or less do not require a Study Permit.

Table of Contents