How Can We Help?
< All Topics

Do students need to purchase medical insurance?

All students attending a school programme in Canada must be covered by medical insurance.

  • Most boarding/residential schools require that students purchase insurance specifically provided by the school.
  • Public high schools require students to have their own insurance, which can be obtained either in the student’s home country or through a Canadian insurance provider.

CISS works closely with a student insurance company that offers a comprehensive and affordable plan.  Please discuss with your CISS Coordinator about these requirements prior to arrival in Canada.

Table of Contents